Wednesday, December 31, 2014

THANKSGIVING FOR 21 DECEMBER 2014

29 Dec 2014 marked 5 years since my colon resection.  I AM 5 YEARS CANCER FREE.  I thank God for the protection of me life and healing my time after time after time after time after time!  Each year of my life has been better and better and better and better and better!  So looking forward to 2015.  If it's a reflection of the past 58 years, YAHOO, I AM IN!  #CantNobodyDoMeLikeJesus!  
I have had many wonderful things happened this year (2014).  
*I retired after 28 years as an Army Civilian!  THANK YOU JESUS!  I have enjoyed the ride was glad I am off the roller coaster.  Many travels, met many people, learned a lot, enjoyed my life but was ready for a change.  I loved the people I worked with.  I can truly say God surrounded me with believers everywhere I went.  YEP - HE DOES THINGS LIKE THAT!  I stepped out in faith and God did the rest.  Now I'm officially a full-time tutor. 
*Retook a Calculus I class to renew my memory for tutoring.  Lord I had not taken Calc I since 1975.  Made an A.  I love distance learning classes.  You only go in to take tests.  MY KIND OF CLASSES.  YEAH!
*Started working as a part-time Math Lab Assistant at Calhoun Community College.  My dream job for JaniceTheTutor! ahahahahahah  I love sharing knowledge and seeing people's faces light up when they "GET IT"!  Doesn't take much to get me happy.  I love this TUTORING game!
*Signed up for the Calc II class to take in the Spring semester.  Had not taken this class since 1976.  Lord I am really dating myself here!  GO WASHU BEARS!
*Accepted my role as Pastor.  Guess I was afraid of leading a church and the Lord showed me that is not the only role of a Pastor.  I am to use my gift of leadership for his glory on another level (beyond that of the secular role I had on my job).  I was led to start PRAYER BOOTCAMPS to remind God's people of PRAYER, HOW TO PRAY, WHY TO PRAY, ETC.  We are so good at attending church and enjoying corporate prayer.  But there is a deeper level of prayer, one-on-one with the Lord.  So I am now Pastor Jan.
*I enjoyed BOTH Thanksgiving and Christmas with my Boobies!  The Lord blessed me with Boobie #6 this year!  My son and daughter-in-law are the greatest hosts.  Blessed!  My Lord turned over the torch to them!  GO FREE JANICE! ahahha ahahahahaa ahahahaha ahahaha
*I was able to drive 6 hours on Saturday, despite my cold.  We went to Jackson MS to pick up my mom and her car from my brother who lives in Dallas, TX.  I have not driven long trips since starting dialysis.  I am just too tired.  But, the Lord gave me the strength and fortitude to get her done!  I rely a lot on my driver - MY HUBBY!  This man will drive me to ends of the Earth and back if I ask him.  Since he is my care-giver, I try to drive myself as often as possible to give him a break.  He has been dialyzing me for for almost 2 years.  Gotta love a man who's there thru thick and thin.  We take care of each other!  THANK YOU JESUS FOR MY HUSBAND!
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!  TIME FOR SOMEBODY ELSE TO TESTIFY!
#walkitout

No comments:

Post a Comment