Friday, September 9, 2016

THANKSGIVING FOR TODAY!

Yesterday when I left work I was able to walk down the steps.  This is significant.  At one point I would have had to walk up and down the ramp.  Lupus patients will understand because of the joint pain experienced when the knees are flexed.  Dialysis patients will understand because of the exhaustion experienced all the time.  I am both the lupus patient and dialysis patient.  
I am so thankful to God for those days that I can walk up and down the steps with little effort.  The drive to live as normal as possible in spite of Lupus and Dialysis is a daily goal for me.  Despite what is going on around me the Lord ensures I am comforted in my time of need.  THANK YOU JESUS!!!
Every day these patients are elated to accomplish at least one task.  The joy of being normal is a daily quest.  It is also hard to expalin to others why you look so good but feel so horrible.  So you fight two battles, one with your body and one with family, friends, strangers, etc.  
So yesterday when I walked up and down those steps I was truly elated and said THANK YOU JESUS as I walked to my car!



No comments:

Post a Comment